WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files sent from the site to the terminal of the interested party (usually to the browser), where they are stored before being retransmitted to the site at the next visit of the same user. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from the user’s hard drive or transmit computer viruses or acquire email addresses. Each cookie is unique to the user’s web browser. Some of the functions of cookies may be delegated to other technologies. In this document, the term ‘cookie’ refers to both cookies, properly so-called, and all similar technologies.
Through cookies it is possible to record information relating to your preferences, such as the pages browsed or the download of files from our. site or other similar actions carried out by browsing our site.
FIRST OR THIRD PARTY COOKIES
NATURE OF COOKIES Regarding the nature of cookies, there are several types:
Technical cookies Technical cookies are those used for the sole purpose of „carrying out the transmission of a communication over an electronic communications network, or to the extent strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the subscriber or user to provide this service“ (see Article 122, paragraph 1, of the Code).
They are not used for other purposes and are normally installed directly by the owner or operator of the website. They can be divided into:
- navigation or session cookies, which guarantee the normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate to access restricted areas); they are in fact necessary for the proper functioning of the site;
- analytics cookies, similar to technical cookies when used directly by the site operator to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site, in order to improve the performance of the site;
- functionality cookies, which allow the user to navigate according to a series of selected criteria (for example, the language, the products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service rendered to the same. For the installation of these cookies, the prior consent of users is not required (more information in the paragraph Managing cookies below).
Profiling cookies Profiling cookies are aimed at creating profiles relating to the user and are used in order to send advertising messages in line with the preferences expressed by the same in the context of surfing the net.
For the use of profiling cookies, the consent of the interested party is required. According to the provision n. 229 of 8 May 2014, the user must be able to authorize or deny consent to the installation of profiling cookies if they are present.
In the case of third-party cookies, the site does not have direct control of individual cookies and cannot control them (it can neither install them directly nor delete them). You can still manage these cookies through your browser settings (follow the instructions below), or the sites indicated in the „Managing cookies“ section.
The User is therefore invited to check on the site of the third party indicated below.
COOKIE INSTALLED ON THIS SITE
Nome del cookie
Prima o Terza parte
WordPress graphic theme settings
Data analysis, user recognition
DURATION OF COOKIES
Cookies have a duration dictated by the expiration date (or by a specific action such as closing the browser) set at the time of installation. Cookies can be:
- temporary or session (session cookies): they are used to store temporary information, allow you to link the actions performed during a specific session and are removed from the computer when the browser is closed;
- permanent (persistent cookies): they are used to store information, such as the login name and password, so as to avoid that the user has to type them again every time he visits a specific site. These remain stored on your computer even after you close your browser.
You can disable cookies on websites by downloading special software such as Ghostery (https://www.ghostery.com) for your browser and disabling the use of individual cookies. Or you can activate the „anonymous browsing“ mode – it is a function that allows you to browse without leaving a trace in the browser of navigation data. This function only allows you not to keep the browsing data in the browser.
Alternatively, you can disable/delete cookies by accessing the configuration panel of your browser.
ACCEPTANCE AND WAIVER OF COOKIES