WHAT ARE COOKIES?
Cookies are small text files sent by the site to the data subject’s terminal (usually to the browser), where they are stored and then retransmitted to the site on the next visit by the same user. A cookie cannot retrieve any other data from the user’s hard drive, transmit computer viruses or capture email addresses. Each cookie is unique to the user’s web browser. Some of the functions of cookies may be delegated to other technologies. In this document, the term ‘cookies’ refers both to cookies, properly so-called, and to all similar technologies.
By means of cookies it is possible to record information relating to your preferences, such as the pages you have browsed or the download of files from our website. site or other similar actions carried out while browsing our site.
FIRST OR THIRD PARTY COOKIES
Cookies can be first-party or third-party, where “first party” refers to cookies developed by the Data Controller of the site itself, while “third party” refers to cookies developed by third parties other than the Site Owner.
NATURE OF COOKIES With regard to the nature of cookies, there are different types:
Technical cookies : technical cookies, used for the sole purpose of “carrying out the transmission of a communication on an electronic communications network, or to the extent strictly necessary for the provider of an information society service explicitly requested by the contracting party or user to provide such a service” (see Section 122, paragraph 1 of the Code). They are not used for other purposes and are normally installed directly by the owner or manager of the website. They can be divided into:
– navigation or session cookies, which ensure normal navigation and use of the website (allowing, for example, to make a purchase or authenticate to access restricted areas); they are in fact necessary for the proper functioning of the site;
– analytical cookies with anonymous user data (e.g. browsing IP), assimilated to technical cookies when used directly by the site manager to collect information, in aggregate form, on the number of users and how they visit the site, in order to improve the performance of the site;
– functionality cookies, which allow the user to browse according to a series of selected criteria (e.g., language, products selected for purchase) in order to improve the service rendered to the same. The prior consent of users is not required for the installation of these cookies (more information in the paragraph Cookie management below).
Profiling cookies : profiling cookies, used to trace back to determined, identified or identifiable subjects, specific actions or behavioural patterns recurring in the use of the functions offered (patterns) in order to group the different profiles within homogeneous clusters of different sizes, so that it is also possible for the Data Controller to modulate the provision of the service in an increasingly personalized way beyond what is strictly necessary to provide the service, as well as to send targeted advertising messages, i.e. in line with the preferences expressed by the user in the context of web browsing.
In the case of third-party cookies, the site does not have direct control over individual cookies and cannot control them (it can neither install them directly nor delete them). You can still manage these cookies through your browser settings or the sites indicated in the “Accepting and opting out of cookies” section.
The User is therefore invited to check on the third-party website indicated below.
COOKIES INSTALLED ON THIS SITE Here is the list of cookies on the site (ask the person who manages the site):
First or Third Party
Duration of the visit
WordPress Chart Theme Settings
Duration of the visit
Collection of statistical data on the use of the site
Technical cookies to assign a unique ID to the user during the visit to the site
Cookies have a duration dictated by the expiry date (or by a specific action such as closing the browser) set at the time of installation. Cookies can be:
- temporary or session cookies: these are used to store temporary information, allow you to link the actions performed during a specific session and are removed from your computer when you close your browser;
- Persistent cookies: These are used to store information, such as your login name and password, so that you don’t have to retype them every time you visit a specific site. These remain stored on your computer even after you close your browser.
The so-called session cookies, once the connection to this website has been terminated, are not stored. The computer systems used for this site use temporary cookies.
ACCEPTANCE AND OPT-OUT OF COOKIES
Users’ consent is not required for the installation of technical and analytical cookies.
Profiling cookies or other tracking tools, on the other hand, can only be used if the user has given his/her consent after being informed. This site uses a banner that allows those who wish to express their consent.
If you wish, you can also manage cookies directly through your browser settings. However, deleting cookies from your browser may remove the preferences you have set for this site, so you should visit this page periodically to review your choices.